2. Proprietary Rights. The Site and all the Content and Services are owned by us or our licensors, including all copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property rights. You may not use the Site, the Content or the Services in any manner that infringes the copyrights or proprietary interests therein. You may use the Site, the Content and the Services for personal, non-commercial purposes only. You may print, download and store Content for your own personal use and convenience (provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein), but you may not copy, distribute, republish, sell, or exploit any of the Content, or exploit the Site or the Services in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or any other purpose whatsoever (including any non-profit or public purpose) without our prior written permission. Although we seek to support education with respect to dermatology and dermatopathology, due to copyright and other intellectual property restrictions you may not show, exhibit or display (either visually or aurally) the Site or any Content or Services for use by others (including in a classroom or other educational setting) without our prior written permission. You may not authorize or permit any person to access or use the Site. Except as expressly provided herein, neither we nor any of our suppliers grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Site, the Content and the Services not expressly granted by us to you are retained by Dermpedia Courses.
3. Content Submitted by You. When you upload, post or submit any content or materials to or for use on the Site or the Services (including but not limited to comments, messages, reviews, text, video, audio or photographs) (each, a “Submission”) you agree that we may (but have no obligation to) review, edit, modify, remove, publish, transmit, and/or display such Submission for any reason, at any time, without prior notice, at our sole discretion, and you waive any right you may have to review or approve any alteration or change of such material by us or prevent the alteration or change of such material in a manner not agreeable to you. You grant us a perpetual, nonexclusive, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable license to the Submissions, which includes without limitation the right for us or any third party we designate, to use, copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works of, host, index, encode, modify and adapt (including without limitation the right to adapt to streaming, downloading, broadcast, digital or other technologies) in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed, any Submission posted or made by you on or to the Site or the Services. You are solely responsible for the content of your Submissions.
6. Fees and Payments. We reserve the right at any time to charge fees for access to all or any portions of the Site or the Services. You will not be charged for access to the Site or the Services unless we obtain your prior agreement to pay such charges. Thus, if at any time we require a fee for portions of the Site or the Services that are now free, we will give you advance notice of such fees. You may cancel your account at any time. All new fees, if any, will be posted prominently on the Site and in other appropriate locations on the Services. You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred through your account at the rates in effect for the billing period in which such fees and charges are incurred. All fees and charges will be billed to and paid for by you. You will pay all applicable taxes relating to use of the Site or the Services through your account. If any payment due is not made by you, we may, at our sole discretion and without notice to you, suspend your access to and use of the Site and the Services, or terminate this Agreement and your access to and the use of the Site and the Services.
8. Your Responsibilities. You may only use the Site and the Services for lawful, non-commercial purposes. You may not use the Site or the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site or the Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of the Site, the Services, user accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not accumulate or index, directly or indirectly, any Content or portion of the Site and/or the Services for any purpose whatsoever.
9. Privacy. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, you agree that you will not post or make any Submission that contains any personally identifiable health information of you or of anyone else, as doing so may violate the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Privacy Rule issued pursuant thereto (collectively, "HIPAA"). You are solely responsible for your compliance with HIPAA. You agree to report to us any potential violations of HIPPA involving the Site or any Content or Services.
10. Informational Use Only. The Site, the Content and the Services are for informational and educational purposes only. The Site, the Content and the Services are not intended to and do not constitute medical advice, are not intended to be used and should not be used for the treatment of specific patients, and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
11. Links to other Websites. While using the Site or the Services, you may encounter links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience only and we do not endorse these sites or the products and services they provide. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of these other websites. Although we attempt to link only to trustworthy websites, it is possible that they will contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate and we will not be responsible or liable for the legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through such other websites.
12. Disclaimer. We created Dermpedia Courses to collect and disseminate the knowledge, science and experience of dermatology and dermatopathology. While we work hard to make that happen, we make no representations or warranties regarding the Site, the Content and/or the Services. In particular, we do not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the Site or the Services by any user, information provider or any other person or entity. You release us from all liability in connection with your access and/or use of the Site, the Content and/or the Services. THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND/OR THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND/OR THE SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND/OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, BUG-FREE OR FREE FROM DEFECTS, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND/OR THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT USE OF THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND/OR THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
(g) Use of the Site and the Services is void where prohibited by applicable law, and the right to access the Site and the Services is revoked in such jurisdictions.
(i) The Site is administered in the U.S. and intended for U.S. users; any use outside of the U.S. is at the user’s own risk. Users are responsible for compliance with any local, state or federal laws applicable to their use of the Site or the Services.
If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site or the Services, please contact us as follows: